CC magnet swap to C5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC magnet swap to C5

i just swapped the a2 magnet of my CC with the a5 magnet of my fender DH-1 pickup. Is there going to be a noticeable difference caused by the fact that i used an a5 magnet from a fender and not one from a duncan pickup?

Re: CC magnet swap to C5

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
    i just swapped the a2 magnet of my CC with the a5 magnet of my fender DH-1 pickup. Is there going to be a noticeable difference caused by the fact that i used an a5 magnet from a fender and not one from a duncan pickup?
    The difference you'll notice will be do to the magnet change,difference and not the manufacturer of the magnet in your case...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      The difference you'll notice will be do to the magnet change,difference and not the manufacturer of the magnet in your case...

John
      John's right. There will a difference in tone, but not due to the manufacturer of the magnet. It did it with the CC (now a C5) in my SG. It will give you more highs, less mids, and retains the nice bottom end. It sounds great. A bit more definition than the CC used to give.

Jeff
      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

just installed my C5 (ex CC) and it's much more natural sounding than the CC(i think the huge mid peak of the CC made it pretty unnatural).It also has a much better bass responce which is the weakest point of the CC. So between the two i prefer the C5.If only it had a little bit more output.....around the 16.5K range....... somewhere like the JB......that would be my second best pickup(after the emg85).

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
          just installed my C5 (ex CC) and it's much more natural sounding than the CC(i think the huge mid peak of the CC made it pretty unnatural).It also has a much better bass responce which is the weakest point of the CC. So between the two i prefer the C5.If only it had a little bit more output.....around the 16.5K range....... somewhere like the JB......that would be my second best pickup(after the emg85).
          Little more output? What about the Custom? I think output is about the same but I think you'd perceive it as hotter.....plus it is still warm but not as warm as the C-5. Still clear as the C-5 and EMG 85. But, I only have limited time on the Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
            Little more output? What about the Custom? I think output is about the same but I think you'd perceive it as hotter.....plus it is still warm but not as warm as the C-5. Still clear as the C-5 and EMG 85. But, I only have limited time on the Custom.
            i've found i do not like pickups with a ceramic magnet...they are a little bit "generic" sounding.I think that using a ceramic magnet instead of the a5(converting it to a custom) will alter the very nice EQ of the C5.To me a very nice duncan pickup (maybe a custom shop made pickup????) would be a c5 with the JB output and a little less treble than it currently has.
            Last edited by fenderiarhs; 03-29-2004, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X