best bridge pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best bridge pick up

hi Iīm alex. iīm searching the best bridge pick up for my ibanez frak gambale style custom with moghany body and ebony neck.Help me.
    In neck position i have dunca 59b. it has a fantastic warm tone and presence, good definition and clarity. perfect.
    but in teh bridge i have tried paf pro, fred, jb, tone zone (bleah itīs really orrible too tooo trebly too boosted ). paf pro is a good pick up in bridge fantastic for riffs and rhythm. it also have a good definition but i want more warm tone.
    jb itīs warm great sustain for legato but i think itīs lack of definition and i don`t like for rhythm and rock riff.
    want do you think i can try duncan custom, 59 bridge, ah1 holsworth ?
    i want good definition for sweep, alternate , good sustain for legato, good attack for riffs and a warm tone. it exists?
    excuse me for my english
    i play from the jazz to hard rock i like henderson gambale morse satriani and much more

Re: best bridge pick up

dont like to recomend them(dimarzio's) but the air zone is real good for warmth,definition,clarity.
    it is nothing like the TZ they are very different as anyone who has tried one will tell you
    it was almost my main bridge pup

Comment

I would think, the logical thing to do, since you like the 59b, is move it to the bridge, then get a 59n for the neck.

Its one of my favorite combo's.

Comment

If you have clarity issues with the JB you may want to look to your rig and settings for the problem. I have never known the JB to lack clarity and most people that dont like it think it is too bright, not too warm.

The Custom should be a fine choice for that guitar, having a thick tone and cutting top end.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

excuse me i have mistaken in neck i have a 59n not a 59b.
          air zone sounds good with 59n?
          jb be is bright bat is also too much thin for my taste

Comment

alex, put the JB very close to the strings. it starts to shine when i'ts close.
            i dont know your setup, or how you set-up your guitar, but the JB is far from thin and it really shouldnt be bright in a mahagony guitar. maybe we differ in perception. what does bright mean to you? anyway, listen to one of my clips (the link in the signature final sacrifice would be best)

well, if you really aint hot for the JB, maybe the custom custom would be the one for you. very very warm pup

Comment

If you like the paf pro's tone, your probably looking for a good spread of mids.

When you say the JB lacks definition, maybe your missing a soild mids punch. The JB has an upper mid sound, and to my ears, these mids tend to bleed into too much treble.

As Davey suggested, give the custom custom a try.

Comment

problaby I don`t like too much jb because tend to be too much treble. I prefer paf pro because is more balaced like a 59 with a good dose of mids. i think that is perfect a paf pro with more fat sound and with more sustain.As I have never tried 59b, sh-5 or custom custom i donīt know which one of these three could be good for me.
                thaks

Comment

Dimarzio The Breed. A Highly underrated pickup IMO. I have it in my Ibanez S that's similar to yours. It really shines. Warm and phat without getting too muddy. The pickup compensates well for the thinness and lack of bass that the floyd rose saps away.

One problem with recommendations on this forum IMO, is that ppl recommend pickups that sound good in THEIR guitars, i.e. Les Paul type 24.75" vs. Superstrat like yours. I'm not bagging anyone in this forum, but when ppl say for example " This pickup sounds really warm and thick", they may mean that the pickups sounds good in their Les Paul. *for example*

One of the better ways to find a good pickup is to find someone who owns your type of guitar and get opinions from them. My Ibanez would be very similar to your FGM, and I must say that the Breed sounds outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                    If you have clarity issues with the JB you may want to look to your rig and settings for the problem. I have never known the JB to lack clarity and most people that dont like it think it is too bright, not too warm.

The Custom should be a fine choice for that guitar, having a thick tone and cutting top end.
                    /\ Robert wouldn't steer you wrong.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

WOW, i have just istalled the duncan custom tb5 on my ibanez and itīs fantastic.
                      It is not bassy, not trebly and not middy either. Basically it's a hot-rodded PAF type pickup with hollow mids at just the right frequency, tight bass and great searing treble and presence.
                      itīs clean accurated with good tone, I love the way I can get a real defined sound.
                      I am VERY satisfied.
                      thanks guy

Comment

glad that you found the pup for ya =)

Comment

Working...
                        X