PRS pickup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS pickup help

I'm new here so first off, hello everybody. I have a prs ce-24 (mahogany body, maple top and neck, rosewood fingerboard). I have decided to put a 59 in the neck. I don't no what to put in the bridge. I play metal prog and metal Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also maybe a pearly gates in the neck instead of the 59. Help

Re: PRS pickup help

I have a Dean Caddilac that is pretty much the equivalent of your PRS wood/size wise and I get great sounds out of a PGn and a Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Would those pickups be good for my style(metal, prog)?

Comment

The Custom/PGn will be very simular to the HFS/Vin neck that comes in the CU-24. I can't remember top of head what is in the CE-24 but it might also be the HFS/Vin neck.

It's hard to put the wrong pickups into those guitars, they are fairly forgiving. For metal a JB or a Distortion will be pretty brutal with the right amp. I have installed a few Dimebucker/59n combos into CE-24s and the tone was always killer. If you want a guitar that kicks serious ass, the Dime/59n is the way to go.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I hear the Duncan Distortion is the answer to an awesome metal sound.
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

I've had several PRS's including the CE-24, and my guess would be that a
            Custom 5/Jazz would suit you nicely in that guitar. I have a C-5/59 in one of my McCarties, and like how the neutral mids of the C-5 pulls some of the high mids out of a PRS's natural tone, adding a tighter bass and similar highs to PRS pickups.
            A JB, or Custom might suit you as well in the bridge. A 59, Jazz, or Pearly Gates would be my only choices for your guitar's neck position.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X