X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied
    Re: Carvin Pups

Carvin pickups seem pretty high quality to me, especially the humbuckers.

I don't use them or anything but I've had a few in my guitars over the years.

The allen screw polepieces give a "springy" "zingy" kind of personality to the treble that is just differant from the vintage tone I hear in my head, but they're well made and sound good.

I used a 22 polepiece Carvin neck humbucker as the bridge pickup in a Strat with Duncan SSL-1 single coils for the neck and middle pickups for about a year or two...it was very cool, tho I replaced it with a JB Trembucker and then a 59 Trembucker eventually.

Lew

Leave a comment:

• Travis
    replied

What corners do they cut?

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

If they sound good in that guitar, just leave'em. No point in spending money you don't have to spend. Carvin's cut a lot of corners, which aren't visible, but if it sounds fine, that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• wixomwhat
    replied

Originally posted by Fusion1
    Whats wrong with the way they look? The only gripe I have is they have 2 adjustment screws on one side and 1 on the otrher requiring special rings plus it looks wrong.
    I dont like that they have 11- 22 poles. i think it looks wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied

Originally posted by Fusion1
    Whats wrong with the way they look? The only gripe I have is they have 2 adjustment screws on one side and 1 on the otrher requiring special rings plus it looks wrong.
    kind of like the new fender humbuckers >.<

Leave a comment:

• Fusion1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wixomwhat
    replied

i've never played carvins pup's. But I really hate the way they look. I think thats part of the reason many people hate carvin's pup's.

Leave a comment:

• Pepi
    started a topic Carvin Pups

Carvin Pups

I've read a lot of stories about how many people hate Carvin pups. I just built a Bolt kit that has two AP11 single coils and the new Carvin C22B humbucker. Man, I think these pups sound great. I think the C22B sounds real close to my SD C-5. I was really prepared to changing the pups out. I just saved some money
Working...
X