banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any clips of the Five-Two Nashvilles for Tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clips of the Five-Two Nashvilles for Tele?

I picked up another American Series Telecaster with a very resonant alder body (rosewood fingerboard), and I'm starting the whole pickup search process again. I am considering the Hot Tele set, the Antiquity I set, and the Five-Two Nashville Studio set. I have never heard any clips of the latter, so I would really like to hear from anyone who has some.

In addition to the Five-Two set, I am considering the possibility of pairing the Five-Two neck pickup with a Jerry Donahue (JD) lead pickup. Any other suggestions?

BTW, I play blues and blues-rock, and have 3 other Teles with (1) the JD lead paired with a Phat Cat neck pickup, (2) an SM-3 mini-HB neck pickup paired with a Fender Nocaster lead, and (3) a Fender Nocaster set.

Re: Any clips of the Five-Two Nashvilles for Tele?

I have the five-two set in my Kramer DuoTone tele. It came stock with the five-two set. They're a very bland set that I don't care for. They do just what the description says, but they don't seem to have the raw edge that I'm looking for. I personally liked the stock pickups in a mexican tele. I'm probably going to switch them out for a '54 set

Comment

OK, thanks for the info. Is the neck pickup bland, too, or just the bridge? As I mentioned in my original post, I am also interested in knowing whether the Five-Two rhythm pickup would sound good with a JD lead pickup.

Comment

i think "fatty" (alex) has a 5/2 in his newest guitar. check with him
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Both the neck and bridge are bland. The neck sounds very small (which may be typical of a tele neck). The bridge doesn't have the bite that I want- that bite is something the five two is designed to eliminate

Comment

Working...
          X