Recommend me something new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me something new!

I'm going to be assembling the Koa Warmoth LPS I picked up a few weeks back soon, and I need some advice on pups to put in it. I've got a Korina LPS now with a '59/C5 combo, and I love it.. but it would be cool to have a different sound with the new guitar.

I need something that cuts through, but isn't shrill or icepicky. I play ska / hardcore (at the same time.. weird isn't it ) and I don't want to kill anyone if I hit a hard upstroke on the high strings. I also need clarity (notes in a chord can be heard, not just noise) and just a little bit of *thump*.

The guitar itself is a Koa solidbody with a wenge or rosewood neck (haven't decided) and an ebony fretboard.

Right now, I'm thinking of seeing where a Seth/CC combo takes me... anyone have any other suggestions? I would probably have the cover off the seth, as my amp was pretty touchy with another Seth I had installed a while back.

-alex
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Recommend me something new!

bump
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Custom/ pg maybe?

Comment

Although I haven't tried the Phat Cats-I'm thinking that a set of P-90's will fill the bill.
        Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Working...
        X