Splitting a SH1-59n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting a SH1-59n

Oook, i jus got myself a SH1-59n off ebay for £40 yay me!! And its 4 conductor so splitting it is an option, so would this be worth doing? has anyone done this?

thanks!!

Re: Splitting a SH1-59n

I think it's worth doing. It will give you a nice sound in the middle position, combined with either a split bridge humbucker or a hot single coil.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Ive got an epi les paul, so only the two pickups. And im talking about splitting just the neck (at the moment heh), i have yet to buy my bridge yet and dont know if ill go 4 conductor with that as well.

thanks ye for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Neolumi
        Ive got an epi les paul, so only the two pickups. And im talking about splitting just the neck (at the moment heh), i have yet to buy my bridge yet and dont know if ill go 4 conductor with that as well.

thanks ye for the reply
        I was also talking about two pickup guitars. I split both neck and bridge pickups in my own LP (with Pearly Gates) and get great results. Do try and get a four conductor bridge pickup to go with your 59 neck. You'll be glad you did later on.

Comment

Push/Pull 500k pot gives you series/split ot series/parallel....The series/split is better..

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

oh right, kewl. I was going to get another 59 for the bridge, but i dont know if ill be able to fund a 4 condutor yet. So would those 2 split be good, and also stickin with the jus the neck split question as well. ps-yay les pauls!

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
              Push/Pull 500k pot gives you series/split ot series/parallel....The series/split is better..

John
              hey, i was gonna get a push pull pot anwyays, sorry for a dumb question but which is series n parrallel?

Comment

A normal humbucker is wired with both coils in series. If you put them in parallel using a switch, it will sound similar to a single, but will remain humbucking. I too preffer spliting a humbucker though. I feel that it sounds closer to a real single than the parallel option.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                  A normal humbucker is wired with both coils in series. If you put them in parallel using a switch, it will sound similar to a single, but will remain humbucking. I too preffer spliting a humbucker though. I feel that it sounds closer to a real single than the parallel option.
                  The parallel position lacks power and output and seems to bring the mids up more...The parallel tone also seems bright and thinner than split...It's only real advantage is no noise,but you get about 1/3 less overall output...It has it's uses,but split is better..Split is very easy to wire also..

John
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

i use a 59n split in my HSH guitar .. it sounds good split by itself, but it shines when combined with a split C5 bridge (i can get either 'inner' splits or 'outer' splits - always in parallel when combined) ... it also sounds good split combined in parallel with the duck in the middle

good luck
                    t4d
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                    X