Splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting

Do the neck and bridge alnico 2 pro humbuckers work well when they are split or is splitting them not worth it?

Re: Splitting

oh come on!
    A newbie needs your widsom!

Comment

Thw neck APH sounds good when split. I can't comment on the bridge model, as I've never tried it.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Just put a set in a buddie's Les Paul guitar with 500k push/pull pots for neck and bridge,for series/split....He likes the tone he gets,so I'd say yes,go for it...

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

you would'nt have any clips at all of the split neck and bridge alcino 2 pro would you stratdeluxe97?

Would I get more tones if I split the pups or wire my paul so I get independent volume controls? I play more rock than strat type stuff so I leaning towards independent wiring but what do you think?
          Last edited by exhaust_49; 08-27-2004, 10:41 AM.

Comment

i have an A2P in my brian moore ... i dont split it alone, but i do have it wired to split with the bridge JB .. i use the PRS combinations and think it sounds great in pos #2 and #4

good luck
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
            X