How to split JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to split JB

before i invest in a middle pickup, i would like to know more about splitting up my JB. I dont know much about splitting, i believe it is so u can have the humbucker work as a humbucker or a single coil. Could anyone please correct if i am wrong and please show me to a schematic that i need to use for my jb in the bridge, an empty slot in the middle, and a little 59 in the neck with 1 tone and 1 voulme and a 5 way switch? thanks

Re: How to split JB

You have the option of either series/split or series/parallel...The split tone shunts 1 coil off and gives you one coil output and tone...You get single coil hum also...

Parallel is still humbucking but with about 1/3 the output of your series humbucking tones..

Go to the Duncan actual site and click on where it says "support" schematics and plug in your info..The drawings are on the main website..Here's the link for the schematics for ya...

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

thanks man i appreciate it, except when im looking at the schematic for 1 humbucker 1 volume 1 tone with coil split, i see that wires are connected toa pull push pot. I dont think i have a push pull pot on my guitar. am i looking at the right schematic? If im not which one should i be looking at
      Last edited by Executivepoison; 08-28-2004, 08:38 AM.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

yeah, you'd need a push/pull pot or mini-toggle switch to be able to split the pickup ... you can replace either the volume or tone pot with a pot that has a push/pull operated switch on it (be sure the cavity depth can fit it)

good luck
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
          X