The Original Screamin' Demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Original Screamin' Demon

Does anyone remember the year that the SD Screamin' Demon was put on the market?

Re: The Original Screamin' Demon

i think it was 1990 or 1991 in the old ad it had a little red demon on it i don't think it was on them but in the ad with lynch and his haji guitar (the one with the first lynch mob cover on it ) i got one early on and i loved it with my boogie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Actually my other guitarist bought one in the early - mid 90's and it had the little red demon silkscreened on the pickup, I posted in the other thread my question as to why did they stop adding the red demon it was very cool.

Comment

shred-dog is right. It first appeared on the January 1, 1991 price list for $125. Thirteen years later (this year) we finally raised the price to $129 (in the USA).
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Evan was the red devil face just an introduction era for the Screamin Demon or did some sort of poll find out it didn't really do well for a mass marketed pickup? I kind of liked it personally. I know beauty is vain...

Comment

I started at SD in '93, so this would've been before my time. But I talked to Kevin Beller, our Chief Engineer, and longest term employee. He says we never did them that way in production. We just did a couple of samples, once of which was used in the ad.

So, if your guitarist actually has one, he's got a rare prototype.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

And if he still has that pickup it has probably worn off by now as he was a pretty agressive player lol. Thanks for the answer. :-)

Comment

I have a '12BJ' labeled that I was told was a Screaming Demon by Duncan. It looks exactly like a Demon (no red devils) but I could swear it was purchased in '88 or '89 ... 1990 at the latest. I'm I way off on this?
                Fat Strat into a Soldano, always.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                  shred-dog is right. It first appeared on the January 1, 1991 price list for $125. Thirteen years later (this year) we finally raised the price to $129 (in the USA).
                  i looked for them one time on froogle and they're like all $90

Comment

Originally posted by cementwave
                    i looked for them one time on froogle and they're like all $90
                    List Price (what Evan was talking about) = Suggested Retail price, i.e. what the Manufafturer feels their product is worth.

Street price (what you probably found in Google) = What retailers are willing to sell something for.

Hope it helps
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Thanks for your help everyone!

I do have another question. Did George Lynch use Seymour Duncan pick ups before endorsing the Sreamin' Demon? More precisely, I'm trying to find out what he used in 1984 to record "Alone Again".

Any help is appreciated...

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by gpaaib
                        Thanks for your help everyone!

I do have another question. Did George Lynch use Seymour Duncan pick ups before endorsing the Sreamin' Demon? More precisely, I'm trying to find out what he used in 1984 to record "Alone Again".

Any help is appreciated...

Gary
                        I thought iread in an interview it was a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Working...
                        X