which single coil for middle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which single coil for middle?

OK, since i rarely use the middle position single coil on my charvel, im gonna replace the dimarzio chopper with a real single coil to get a more versatile sound than what i get with the chopper. i've been loking around the site for good SC's but i cant make up my mind. since i'd most likely be using it for cleaner rhythm stuff and sometime some nice Texas style blues, i want something that's not too bright and not too bassy. as by the descriptions, the antiquity texas hot looks realy appealing, but so does the A2 vintage flat!
    help me make up my mind! if you have another recommendation, please go ahead

thanks

Re: which single coil for middle?

I really like the SSL-1. A friend of mine has one in his ESP Skull and Snakes, and it sounds wonderful.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Re: which single coil for middle?

Based on your description, IMHO the APS-2 would be a better bet than the SSL-2. (I have both in the middle of different strats.) Can't speak to the Antiquity...

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
      X