Stevai tone.... How??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevai tone.... How??

Hi dudes, have a Ibanez RG370DXL and i want to get the Vaiīs sound...
    so i will put 2x Dimarzio Evolution (Neck and Bridge) but and how about the middle pickup (the single-coil one) wut model should it be????

Thx
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (**/**)
    Tagima 740-S (DD/Vintage Rails/PAF Joe

Fender American Strat (3x TexMex)
    LifeSound JCM800 2203 (Really Perfect Clone)
    2x Custom Made Cabinets 4x12 (Celestion V-30)

Boss GT-6 Effects
    MXR ZW-100 Mesa
    V-Twin Drive

"I canīt stay still ... i need full gigs to force me to play better and to learn new things" (Slash)

Re: Stevai tone.... How??

I think that they make and Evo single as well, don't they?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

yea they make an evolution single coil also

Comment

that carvin legacy stack doesnt hurt either
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

thx
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (**/**)
          Tagima 740-S (DD/Vintage Rails/PAF Joe

Fender American Strat (3x TexMex)
          LifeSound JCM800 2203 (Really Perfect Clone)
          2x Custom Made Cabinets 4x12 (Celestion V-30)

Boss GT-6 Effects
          MXR ZW-100 Mesa
          V-Twin Drive

"I canīt stay still ... i need full gigs to force me to play better and to learn new things" (Slash)

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
            that carvin legacy stack doesnt hurt either
            I'll have to admit I don't know much about Vai's gear, but I thought he was a Bogner man (and the Legacy stack was just for live performances).

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
              I'll have to admit I don't know much about Vai's gear, but I thought he was a Bogner man (and the Legacy stack was just for live performances).

No, he does record with a "modified" Legacy. Just how modified it is I can't say...
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Actually I don't think they sell to the public the single coil he uses, but you can get another of course.. I'd get something from Dimarzio or Duncan that has enough output so that when you split one of the EVO's and use it with the Single it works well and is loud enough, the single coil that is so that it can be heard along with the split EVO, etc.. in the 2 and 4 positions.. Of course there are a million combo's, but I'd look for something with the same EQ range if you ask me.. and that would be something very bright since the EVO seems very bright to me.. at least in the guitar I played it in which was a steve vai ibanez (I've been had")..hehe.. Just kidding.. It was a nice guitar, but over priced in my humble opionon..

Originally posted by Davey
                yea they make an evolution single coil also
                Tim..

Comment

dimarzio describes the closest thing to the jem single coil is the h-2 single coil split.

so teher you go

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                    No, he does record with a "modified" Legacy. Just how modified it is I can't say...
                    I'd wager that the stock guts are somewhere in the dumpster behing Bogner HQ.

Comment

oh... btw, you wont get the neck sound of Evo from any pickup as thats vai's special pup. there was something wrong with it to such an extent that made the tone sweeter and 'better' and got a certain vibe, like vai explains it.. a tech wanted to throw it away after a gig, but then they spent 5 hours looking for it in a dumpster cos vai wanted THAT one LOL... so, unless you snatch it from him, make a quick rundown of the specs and return it before the FBI, CIA, NSA and secret service come crashing in behind you LOL cos i'm damn sure he'd send everyone and their mother after the one that stole evo from him

oh and the legacy helps more than the pups

Comment

Working...
                      X