banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't decide: JB or '59 in Strat bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't decide: JB or '59 in Strat bridge?

Custom 5 Tremspaced. I've tried the others mentioned, and always come back to the C-5. It sits right between a 59 and JB's output, and when you go from your single neck to the bridge, it doesn't sound like you've changed guitars, like pups with mids that are TOO thick. Sounds best pretty close to the strings too.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Custom 5 Tremspaced. I've tried the others mentioned, and always come back to the C-5. It sits right between a 59 and JB's output, and when you go from your single neck to the bridge, it doesn't sound like you've changed guitars, like pups with mids that are TOO thick. Sounds best pretty close to the strings too.
      Yes, close to the strings is what most say.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratfan
        I forgot to mention that I know I'll need a "super switch"! I believe that it was OEM on the Big Apple Strat, and that had similar switching capabilities. Unless I just use 2 push/pull tone pots with a regular 3-way switch. Will push/pull tone pots fit in a Strat's control cavity? That might be easier to wire up (and save me a few bucks in labor costs).

Push/Pull pots will fit in a Strat's control cavity without a problem. I find the wiring for these kind of switches much easier to deal with than a Superswitch. Besides, I like the sound options, which are as follow:
        1. Neck Humbucker
        2. Both pickups humbucking
        3. Bridge Humbucker
        4. Bridge Split to single
        5. Bridge single and Neck humbucker
        6. Both pickups split to single coil
        7. Neck single combined with Bridge humbucking
        8. Neck split to single

It's simple to wire, and you get 3 more combos than with the MegaSwitch.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've decided to go with the '59 Trembucker in the bridge. I'll probably just get the 3-way switch and not worry about splitting the pups.

Comment

Working...
          X