Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Antiquity and a 4 way switch

Tele guys I need your help..........

I've got a set of Antiquity pickups ordered for my tele and it's got a 4-way installed.

Do the Antiquity pups match well with a 4-way or should I change the switch back to the original 3-way?
    God bless Tweed, Tele's

and Tung-Sol

Re: Tele Antiquity and a 4 way switch

As I understand it, you will have to run a separate ground wire from the cover of the neck pickup rather than leaving it connected to the pickup ground. If you don't want to rewire the neck pickup, then you will have to revert to a 3-way switch.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but that's the way it appears to me.

Comment

Thanks, Kelsey
      God bless Tweed, Tele's

and Tung-Sol

Comment

I haven't used a 4 way, and one thing that's not clear to me is that I thought I read that if you use a Fender 4 way, then it's preferable to use a neck pickup that's RWRP

anyway, jim .. you'll find the Ant set to have a great balance
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

A 4-way switch is great with a set of vintage style Tele pickups. I have one in my Tele but I have a Gibson minihumbucker in the neck position. Consequently, this seems to make the 4th position a little too thick for my tastes. As Curly said, it's best if your neck piskup is RWRP. That way, you get hum-cancelling in both #2 and #4 positions. Kelsey is correct also. You'll need to carefully (I can't stress that enough) clip the ground wire that grounds your neck pickup's cover and extend it to the switch. The Fender Texas Special neck pickup actually comes with three wires for that purpose. Here's a diagram and some good instrictions. it's a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe Reader to view it.
          -Butch Snyder
          butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Thank's guys............

good info from all.
            God bless Tweed, Tele's

and Tung-Sol

Comment

Working...
            X