Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Heres the deal I have my favrite Strat that I just love to play and it has 2 stock Fender singlecoils in the neck and middle and a SD Hot Rails in the bridge. Well when I do Hammer ons and pull offs I like to use my neck pickup on my other guitars but I have to use my Bridge pickup on my strat b/c the neck pickup isnt great for that.

So the Q is whats a good singlecoil size pickup for shreding and tapping for the neck ? Maybe a JB jr or maybe a Screamn Demon or another Hot Rail?
    Last edited by TheMist; 03-28-2004, 06:15 PM.

Re: Need help

^backup

Comment

Go with Cool Rails in the mid and neck, or another Duncan stacked pup.
      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Cool rails for shred?

Comment

Hot Rails bridge/Cool Rails neck in center/Hot Rails neck is a very powerfull set. Good match between pick-ups and infinite sustain. I use a Stratocaster USA with Floyd Rose and this set and sound awesome for shred with good equipment. I use 500K pots (3) for lively sound, pushpulls in tone pots for series/paralell selection in the Hot Rails and a filter (220K resistor and 1n5 capacitor paralelled) between pins 2/3 in the volume pot for reducing bass content in intermediate adjusts for rythmn or intros. Excuse my poor languaje (I´m spanish). Good luck!

Comment

thanks people for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X