banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between the Duncan Distortion and the Super Distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between the Duncan Distortion and the Super Distortion?

What is the difference between the Duncan Distortion and the Dimarzio Super Distortion in terms of sound, resistance and output?

Rudy D.

Re: What is the difference between the Duncan Distortion and the Super Distortion?

They both have relatively the same output and both are good for hard rock or metal, however the Duncan Distortion is more focused on the upper more treble frequencies and the Super Distortion is more focused on the lower frequencies. If you have a thinner sounding guitar I'd go with the Dimarzio, if you have a thicker sounding guitar that needs more cut go with the Duncan IMO.

Comment

Re: What is the difference between the Duncan Distortion and the Super Distortion?

Originally posted by ranalli
      They both have relatively the same output and both are good for hard rock or metal, however the Duncan Distortion is more focused on the upper more treble frequencies and the Super Distortion is more focused on the lower frequencies. If you have a thinner sounding guitar I'd go with the Dimarzio, if you have a thicker sounding guitar that needs more cut go with the Duncan IMO.
      So the DD and the SD have about the same output. What is the difference between the two pickups and the Kent Armstrong Oem Distortion humbucker? Here are the specs

Kent Armstrong Oem Distortion Humbucker

CERAMIC / D.C. =13K- OEM pickup with special construction and embossed logo, 4 conductor wiring and low profile custom baseplate, High output, beefed up distortion pickup with a strong midrange bite. Ideal for chunky heavy gain rock and metal applications.

Rudy D.

Comment

Originally posted by rudygeorge
        So the DD and the SD have about the same output. What is the difference between the two pickups and the Kent Armstrong Oem Distortion humbucker? Here are the specs

Kent Armstrong Oem Distortion Humbucker

CERAMIC / D.C. =13K- OEM pickup with special construction and embossed logo, 4 conductor wiring and low profile custom baseplate, High output, beefed up distortion pickup with a strong midrange bite. Ideal for chunky heavy gain rock and metal applications.

Rudy D.
        If that is the M214 model Kent Armstrong, I didn't care for it. It lacked output, clarity, and punch IMO.

I would only really consider the other two.

Comment

Working...
        X