for you wiring gurus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for you wiring gurus...

Hi guys, first post here, great forum. Would be able to connect my JB in split/parallel using a DPDT push-pull switch(active only on position 4 of 5/way switch),with screw coil active when in split mode, i haven't finded the schematics anywhere on the net, can you please help me? Also interesting would be an on-on-on with choose between split slug coil,split screw coil and parallel.Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english
    eero

Re: for you wiring gurus...

Hey eero; Welcome to the forum.

I believe this should do it:

Take note that the top of the switch has both terminals shorted, and connected to ground.

Artie

Edit: I just noticed that this doesn't cover the second half of your question. I'll make another diagram with the additional info tomorrow.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Artie, thank you very much for your answer ; isn't it your diagram the series/parallel modified? can this give me the screw coil split/parallel option only(no series) ? I should use this in combination with my Yamaha super 5/way switch

Comment

Originally posted by eero
        Hi Artie, thank you very much for your answer ; isn't it your diagram the series/parallel modified? can this give me the screw coil split/parallel option only(no series) ? I should use this in combination with my Yamaha super 5/way switch
        Yes it is. I wasn't exactly sure if thats what you meant or not. Using this, you wouldn't have "normal" humbucker operation on that pickup. But, there's a simple way to mod it so that you'ld only have that in the #4 position.

I'll try to add that diagram when I get home tonight.

Comment

Artie, i'll watch later( here the time is 01:00 PM), again thank you very much, i appreciate your help.Generally speaking, i need learning how to use forum editing in properly way(included my english) so if something can appear strange or wrong please excuse me and feel free to notify
          best regards
          eero

Comment

Artie, i haven't finded a 500K push-pull here, so i go at the moment with a parallel connection only(no split) on the position 4 of the 5/way.So, this is my actual configuration on the 5/way:
            1-neck only
            2-neck-middle in parallel
            3-neck-middle-bridge(split screw coil) in parallel
            4-middle-bridge(as above) in parallel
            5-full series bridge
            1vol.,1 tone, all 500K, 1 DPDT on-on switch as master splitter for neck and middle pickups(Anderson SA1/SA1r stacked humbuckers), JB TB at bridge, Yamaha special 24 poles 5/way switch; the guitar is a custom Warmoth alder/maple top strat.
            What the correct colors would be connected at switch for pos. 4 (bridge in parallel)?
            PS your pickup restoration thread is cool, very interesting!
            regards
            eero

Comment

Working...
            X