banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which neck pickup to match the Broadcaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which neck pickup to match the Broadcaster?

I have a tele. I just bought the Broadcaster bridge pickup. Now I need to figure out which neck pickup to match it with. I play 40's and 50's blues, Chicago and West Coast styles. I play fairly clean through old tube amps. I am looking for a vinatage raw tele sound. What would be the best Neck pickup for me. I spend the majority of my time using the neck pickup, so it has to be a good one.

Re: Which neck pickup to match the Broadcaster?

Originally posted by straightblues
    I have a tele. I just bought the Broadcaster bridge pickup. Now I need to figure out which neck pickup to match it with. I play 40's and 50's blues, Chicago and West Coast styles. I play fairly clean through old tube amps. I am looking for a vinatage raw tele sound. What would be the best Neck pickup for me. I spend the majority of my time using the neck pickup, so it has to be a good one.
    I always use Duncans in all of my other guitars,but in my 2 Teles I really like the CS Fender Nocaster Tele pickups...I normally use the Nocaster in the bridge and either the Texas Special Tele or 52 Vintage tele neck pickup...I Like the TS neck though because it gives me more overall fullness in tone at the neck and it's a bit darker...The 52 vintage Fender is just a great sounding Tele pickup...Funny,because I've yet to try Duncan's Tele stuff,knowing that the Tele is his "forte"

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I also got a TS neck.
      Its a round smooth pup.
      I have it with a SD '54 bridge.

I'm hoping to get another tele going later on with a broadcaster + SD '54 Rhythm, or the antiquity set. (And offcourse a rosewood board to complete the deal)
      my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
      A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

The SM-1 Vintage mini. I don't know why evey tele doesn't come with one stock.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X