X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy Page Wireing

Originally posted by JammerMatt
    Fresh Start,

You scared the crap out of me with that diagram.

By the way, what does the Jimmy Page wiring do for you? Dumb question I know, but I've heard lots about it.

-Matt
    Hey, I'm not the one who asked about it Robert set me straight on this a good while ago, so I saved the link.

It does something like 21 different combinations for a dual humbucker guitar: splits, parallel/series between the pups, out-of-phase, etc. If you're really interested, I could email you the control layout that originally came from Robert - just PM me with your email.

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Fresh,

Nah, thanks for now. I'm still figuring out standard wiring. That strat in your Avatar is absolutely beautiful. Good call!!!
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
        ok, so i want to do the jimmy page mod...

this will work fine right?? with no bugs? and you've tried it?

for some reason the gibson site just won't work when i try to open wiring diagrams in .pdf
        There was a bug but Eddie sent me a fix that is now shown and it works if you want to see what it does click on the tone chart and that lists the 21 tone/split cobinations.
        This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
        Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
        Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
        Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Originally posted by Oldslowhand
          There was a bug but Eddie sent me a fix that is now shown and it works if you want to see what it does click on the tone chart and that lists the 21 tone/split cobinations.
          if i understand him correctly... is this basically the standard Jimmy Page modification... only instead of the option of splitting the bridge coils it puts them in parallel? funny because just before i read that i was trying to think of a way to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
            Hey, I'm not the one who asked about it Robert set me straight on this a good while ago, so I saved the link.

It does something like 21 different combinations for a dual humbucker guitar: splits, parallel/series between the pups, out-of-phase, etc. If you're really interested, I could email you the control layout that originally came from Robert - just PM me with your email.

Chip
            Yeah, but mine was more colourful ... Actually I've got that two, I don't know about any parallel arrngement on the bridge pup, as they one I got was the same as the Page original that I got from Robert S. also, I compared it to a version that I got off the web ... I made corrections as need to that one. So I have 'em stuck in a compressed folder, one is in standard schematic form, and the other in pictorial with a breakdown of the pup polarites (so you can translate it to whatever pups you are using). So if it's the original that you are referring to then Frest Start, Robert S. or myself can help you out on it, I know we all have copies.
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cory_Dylan
              if i understand him correctly... is this basically the standard Jimmy Page modification... only instead of the option of splitting the bridge coils it puts them in parallel? funny because just before i read that i was trying to think of a way to do that...
              Err no...with the switch to the Bridge only side you get a choice of screw or slug side of the p/up for the tap.
              Parallel comes in with the neck & bridge together with the diferent combo's of the p/up's/splits

You can get a full list and how to obtain them at Deaf Eddies and click on Tone Chart were it runs through the options
              Last edited by Oldslowhand; 04-06-2004, 01:39 PM.
              This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
              Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
              Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
              Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Working...
              X