Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarification

Hi all,
    Guys cloud u pls tell me what does "Thight Bottom End" mean . Does it mean a thick warm bottom ?
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Re: clarification

Tightness or focus is more of a feel than a tone issue, at least thats how I perceive it. Alnico II magnets tend to have a softer, spongier attack somewhat simular to punching a pillow. There is some give in the attack and a somewhat vowelish character to the tone.

Ceramic magnets tend to have a very agressive and angular attack, more simular to punching a wall. When your fist hits the wall, you know it. There is no lag between the pick attack and the development of the tone.

Alnico V magnets are somewhere in between.

It's really not a warm or bright issue though and a Pearly gates pickup will be brighter overall with a softer attack on the bottom, while a Custom will be darker sounding with a tighter bottom end. The 59 will be brighter than a PG but will have a tighter bottom end. It's a combination of magnet types as well as other construction issues that will ultimately determine the agressiveness of the attack as well as the overall tone.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: clarification

Ok that clears off my doubts thanksss
      sigpic
      Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
      John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Working...
      X