Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strat Humbucker Project - Problems?

Troy,
    As you know, I'm also converting my Strat to H/H; just can't decide between the JB and the '59 for the bridge. (I'm going to try a Jazz in the neck.) Since you now have both of these pups installed, maybe you could help me...

Does the '59 trembucker have what it takes for classic/southern rock, or would the JB be better? How about playing clean? BTW, I'm also considering just using a basic 3-way switch...I have another Strat for the single coil sound. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Stratfan!

I think the '59 Tembucker is great for classic/southern rock. The JB has more output, but sounds great as well. If I had to choose one for your application, it would be the '59. IMO, the '59 is the better choice for clean as well.

Another however...the Jazz and JB are a great combo. I personally love the JB bridge and the '59 neck in my H-H Strat. I think I hit the nail on the head with that choice.
      Guitars:
      1998 Fender Custom Stratocaster
      1985-86 MIJ Fender ALL Rosewood Telecaster
      1996 Fender Stratocaster S-S-H ('59B)
      1997 Fender Strotocaster
      2002 Gibson Les Paul Junior
      2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard
      1996 MIJ Fender '72 Thinline Tele

Amps:
      '84 Marshall JCM800 4210
      '66 Fender Super Reverb
      '01 Fender Super Reverb RI
      '68 Fender Deluxe Reverb

Effects:
      Fulltone Fulldrive 2
      Teese Picture Wah
      MJM Blues Devil
      Bad Bob Boost

Comment

Thanks, Troy...now I want both! Oh well, now instead of having only 2 guitars I might need to buy a third. (Good thing the wife can't see this!)

Comment

Working...
        X