Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDC question... please help!

Hey everyone -

It's been a while but I'm back on the forums now that I'm back at college and have fast internet.. anyway, here's my question:

I know you've prolly answered this question before, but what SD bridge pup would be suitable to get close to the Back in Black rhythm guitar tone and since my amp only has ok overdrive, what footpedal would be a good choice to get close to that tone?

I've been trying to analyze the sound carefully and the best I can do is that its some sort of PAF pickup. So, you guys, and ideas?

Peace out-

Daniel
    Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Re: ACDC question... please help!

What kind of guitar and amp are you using? The Blues Trembucker is the absolute best pickup I've tried when it comes to nailing the AC/DC sound. The Rio Grande BBQ is also a good choice, but the tone is a little darker. For a pedal, check out the Keeley modded Boss BD-2.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I love my JB for getting great ACDC tones, but im used to more lead tones and if you're after something more like the malcolm young tones you might want something a little cooler...although it will overdrive your amp nicely than cooler pickups and still sound warm.
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

I'd actually say the 59'. Angus doesn't use any high output pickups to my knowlede, and his tone is fairly bright. The Blues TB would also probably do nicely because of it's lower output.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Actually for the AC/DC rythm sound, you'll want a TV Jones TV tron or TV'tron Plus. If I'm not mistaken, Malcolm plays a Gretsch most of the time.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Yes, Malcom Young plays a gretch all the time. He even has a signature model.

http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/i...&cat2=&q=&st=1

There is a humbucker sized version of the filtertron pickup from TVJONES call TVTRON.

http://www.tvjones.com/tv_tron.htm

I have two fitertron on a home made guitar and they are amazing pickups... They deliver this AC/DC tone perfectly and whatever other tone you like: Country, jazz, rock...

Remember that AC/DC prooved that you don't need a high overdriven tone to rock.

Comment

thanks a lot you guys! i appreciate the help
              Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that Malcolm and Angus run clean rigs. Guitar into amp with nothing in between.
                ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

The TV Jones are very cool but the SD Custom Shop has some Filtertron options as well.
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

59' and a digitec bad monkey overdrive pedel
                    sigpic
                    08'Gibson Les Paul Traditional Iced Tea
                    Vox Valvetronix ad30vt, Tech 21 Trademark 60