newbie. Combining different SD pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie. Combining different SD pickups

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if an alnico 2 pro tele neck with a hot rails bridge would be a good combo.

Re: newbie. Combining different SD pickups

Depends on what kind of music you play and what sound you are looking for. I'm doing about the same thing as you in my tele. I have a Dimarzio Fast track 2 (not all that great) in neck and bridge on my tele. I'm might be going with a Quarter Pounder or an ssl-1 in the neck for a glassy start sound. so.. yea, i think your combo would have great tone. good luck

Comment

The outputs of those 2 pickups are very different. You might find that a QP or Hot Tele rhythm pickup would match the Hot Rails better than the A2P. The Hot Rails aren't my cup of tea, so I can't comment on that choice. Good luck!

Comment

a hot rails is a very high output bridge pup while the alnico II is a lower, vintage output pup. if you used the neck pup for clean and the bridge pup for dirty tones it is a good match. the alnico has a great warm clean sound and a smooth overdriven tone, the hot rails doesnt have the best clean sound but the distorted tones suit lots of people.

what are you trying to achieve with this guitar?

Comment

Thx... I play mainly blues and rock...NO Country...I just want a change with less of that country twang.

Comment

I'm trying to get a wide range of tones between the lead and rhythm pickups...A warm clean rhythm sound and a lead pickup that can cut throw rock music. Do you have any suggestions.
            Last edited by Cottreau; 09-02-2004, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X