banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing Dimarzio rail with sd single coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Dimarzio rail with sd single coil?

Ok, this is my 2nd post here. I'm almost there on my pup swap decision. Now, i have 2 fast track 2s in my 99 tele (neck and bridge). They are hot pups, which is good because i play hard rock. But, it's a little muddy. I'm thinking of replaceing the neck pup with a ssl-1 or a quarter pounder to brighten it and give me a glassy strat kinda sound. Will the output differences be a prob? Can i mix a dimarzio and a duncan and still get a good sound? any help would be great. Thanx

Re: Mixing Dimarzio rail with sd single coil?

Sure you definitely can.

Comment

If I were you, I'd throw in a vintage rail in the center, and maybe a pro track in the neck if you want to keep the tougher bridge and neck sounds with more sparkle and a bit cleaner sound in the 2,3, & 4 positions; or if you want more of a strat neck tone, the vintage rails there, and a chopper in the middle.
      That way you can adjust the tone around the fast track 2, while not having it effect the other positions in a negative manner.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Well Kent, its a two pup config (neck-bridge). So after posting this i just headed up to my local music shop and got a ssl-1 strat pup for the neck and left the dimarzio fast track 2 in the bridge. So far so good!. Have not had a chance to check it out full on live. I think its gonna sound great. thanx so much everyone for your posts!

Comment

Originally posted by simon_sayz
          Well Kent, its a two pup config (neck-bridge). So after posting this i just headed up to my local music shop and got a ssl-1 strat pup for the neck and left the dimarzio fast track 2 in the bridge. So far so good!. Have not had a chance to check it out full on live. I think its gonna sound great. thanx so much everyone for your posts!
          Err, I kinda missed that part about two pups ... Sorry about that,
          But the ssl-1 should work out fine as well, a bit more sparkle in the middle position as well. Remember that the bridge normally needs a louder pup anyway to balance with the neck, you can often have more of a volume difference between the neck and bridge, and as long as the neck is the lower powered one, you are good to go. Now having a birgde as the lower powered of the two can cause some actual problems as far as levels.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X