banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pickup choice- basswod body,maple top, b.on maple neck and hardtail start bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup choice- basswod body,maple top, b.on maple neck and hardtail start bridge

Hey!
    a guitar that i m in the process of building for myself.
    PRS Mccarthy style body made of basswood and fitted with a nice quilted carved maple top.
    the neck is supposed to be just plain hard maple, bolt on...though i have considered gluing it in or maybe try the deep set neck tenon (like on the mcnaughts which i love so much...)...any way, considering the 1st option...
    i was thinking about giving a shot to a Blues Saraceno bridge and an Alnico 2 Pro at the neck.
    the pickups wil be mounted directly into the body.
    and wired like the Dimarzios on the John Petrucci Ibanez and MM guitars.
    i m looking for a sweet, warm and smooth neck sound with a slightly bigger and "meaner" than the usual PAF-ish bridge sound.

thoughts...opinions...suggestions...WELCOMED!

Re: pickup choice- basswod body,maple top, b.on maple neck and hardtail start bridge

Check out some Toma Anderson guitars. They use this same wood combo on a lot of their instruments. I like them quite a bit. Oh, yeah, the EVH Wolfgang also uses these woods.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: pickup choice- basswod body,maple top, b.on maple neck and hardtail start bridge

sounds like that combo would be a good option, warm neck and slightly overwound bridge

Comment

Working...
      X