banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bridge pup for Carvin v220? Blues trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pup for Carvin v220? Blues trembucker?

This axe is set neck. Maple body with ebony board and Kahler trem.. Would the blues trembucker sound good in this one? Or would that pup go better in an RG type guitar?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Bridge pup for Carvin v220? Blues trembucker?

I would use it in the RG. A maple bodied guitar is going to sound pretty bright. The Blues Trembucker is warmer than the C5, '59, Demon, or JB, but it will still sound kind of bright in that guitar.

I haven't forgotten about selling you mine, it's just that the charger for my electric drill seems to be broken, so I need to borrow a drill or Dremel tool from somebody to grind down the mounting tabs on the new pickups. This would be a lot easier if Duncan would offer oval mounting tabs as a shop floor custom option.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Ive never had a maple bodied guitar. So maybe Id need something meatier like a c5 in this one??
      Hmmm I could go crazy and put a distortion in it.. This is where it'll be

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I've never played a maple guitar either, but maple is a very bright-sounding wood. The general consensus is that maple guitars work much better with warmer sounding pickups. Not to mention the ebony fretboard, which will add even more brightness. I'd stay away from the C5, I found it to be too bright in my basswood Wolfgang, and I'm guessing your guitar will be even brighter. I would try one of the following: Alnico II Pro, Custom Custom with an A3 magnet, '59 with an A3 magnet, or Seth Lover.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Almost any pickup would sound good in that Carvin.

What type of tone are you looking for? Jazz a lá Joe Pass? or more of a D!ckey Betts Slide Vibe? Or possibly someting like Clapton or BB?

Or maybe just screaming, pounding, earth- shattering Metal
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

You think Zerb? Metal would be my choice.. Hey, Im glad to see you decided to give Biz a go again!! Best wishes!!!

As far as the guitar. The seller sweetened the deal by wiring in white Air norton in the neck and a White Steves special in the brigde with purple rings. Ive never played these pups, but Im hoping it sounds good!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

read my sig...:-D ....killer tone.....
              Guitars:
              87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
              86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
              87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
              Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
              Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
              Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

So, you happy with that V220?

Jol Dantzig

Comment

it's my main guitar! ! ! ! but the shape makes me look stupid......lots of versatility tone wise in that thing but i look stupid playing jazz with it eventhough it sounds good.....
                  Guitars:
                  87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:

Comment

btw....superdistortion in the neck is a no no if you don't know how to eq...
                    Guitars:

Amp:

Comment

Yeah, thanks! I have an Epi Ace Frehley with 3 SuperDistortions in it. The neck pup rides really low..
                      The Carvin with have Steves special and air norton so hopefully these will sound cool. If not, I have a Tone Zone I can toss in.
                      Dont worry about how it looks! Sound is what matters! Besides, it looks cool, and different than what everyone else has.. Most blues guys use strats or pauls, Wasnt it Albert king that used a Flying V??
                      Thanks for the good words on this axe! I cant wait to get it!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                      X