Would This Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would This Work

Hello everyone, I'm new, and have a few questions. I'm thinking about getting a 59 bridge pickup, and I would like to know if this is a good pickup for rock leads, from bands like Pearl Jam, and Gun and Roses. Also, I like the bridge pickup I have know, but I like it as more of a rhythm pickup. I do not however like the neck pup, in fact I can't stand it that much. So I wanted to now if the 59-B, would work the same in the neck positon, could it still make those nice smooth leads?
    Thanks
    Paul

Re: Would This Work

Welcome to the forum!

For smooth leads, I like the APH set much better than the 59's. Both set will work for the styles you mentioned though. The 59b will work well in theneck, but it will be louder and darker than the 59n.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

What do you mean by darker?
      ~PauL~

Comment

Sometimes in the neck of a guitar, depending on the style and wood, the 59 can have too much base, and sound muddy or dark, not as articulate or clear. If you put a 59' bridge in the neck, it may be even moreso. Bridge position pickups are wound slightly hotter than neck pickups, due to the decreased string vibration at the bridge. With that said, many people like bridge pups in the neck, and neck pickups in the bridge, so there is really no right or wrong answer, it's what sound good to you.

What type of guitar do you have? I've actually got really good STP tones out of a JB, it's really thick and meaty like the STP tone. For GNR tones, nothing works better than the APH set. I have that set in my Dean Hardtail, and it smokes.

Give us a little more info about your guitar and amp, and we'll narrow it down for you as much as possible. Welcome to the forum.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Well I have a Jay Turser Les Paul, set neck, mahagony body, dual humbuckers, typical LP setup. I have a Fender Princeton Chorus, however I usually run a Behring V-Amp throught the fender.
          ~Paul~

Comment

With that style guitar, I'm going to go with the APH set as my recommendation. I think could cover it all and then some with that setup.
            My Sound Clips

Comment

Can anybody tell for certain that this is really a really Seymour Duncan? Also, will the change of one pickup make a noticable difference, some people have told me it wouldn't.
              ~PauL~

Comment

Working...
              X