Custom Cover Seth Lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cover Seth Lover

From my understanding the Custom Cover series is the same as many of the standard models but has wax potting and comes with a cover even if it is a model that normally doesn't. Is this correct? Does this mean I can get a Seth Lover model with wax potting? I tried the Seth Lover once and it sounded great for the most part but it was a little microphonic. That was the one and only thing I had against it. I would love to get the Seth Lover tone in an Epi SG but without microphonics. I'm thinking that a Custom Cover Seth Lover model might be my ticket. Comments please.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Twang Man; 09-04-2004, 06:54 PM.

Re: Custom Cover Seth Lover

Don't get hung up on the term "custom covers". That refers to the pickups that regularly come stock with that option, like the 59, JB, etc. However, any production pickup can be special ordered with a cover for the upcharge of about $20-$25. Some dealers carry these in stock, I've found both the C5 and SH-5 Custom with covers without placing my own special order (I believe Blackrose regularly orders the C5 with covers and has them in stock).

As for Seths, they can be ordered potted, but I'm not sure if it's just a special order, or a custom shop order (the latter costing more).

Comment

You can get the Seth potted from the factory as a "shop floor custom" order. No extra charge, just takes about 3 weeks, give or take.

What I would do is get a $3 lump of parafin wax at the craft store, melt it, put the Seth in with the cover face down and let it sit until all the air seeps out of the pup. Put it face down on some wax paper and let it dry. Clean the cover off and you're done in a few hours, not 3 weeks.

I've potted some pups myself, and it's really almost idiot proof.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

A wax potted Seth is indeed a shop floor custom so it's no extra charge, but as Jeff said, it needs to be special ordered that way so you wait a while.

Comment

Thanks for th info. I didn't realize it was so simple.

Comment

Working...
          X