Luther Alison sound from a L6s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luther Alison sound from a L6s

Hi guys, I'm not familiar with this guy but a friend of mine asked about getting a similar blues sound from his l6s... Do you have any recommendations?

I'm tempted to recommend something along the Alnico pro II or jazz... even Seths...

Can you help, I'm not a blues champion...

Thanks

Re: Luther Alison sound from a L6s

He used a Les Paul Classic (among other things), so if you're talking about that tone, maybe a Custom
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Thanks for the reply curly! As I said I'm not familiar at all with this guy so I'm a little puzzled... A custom really? Won't that be a little over the top for blues? It sounds great in my ltd for harder music... I'm not doubting your input, just wondering.... Since it's a maple guitar it might sound bright with a custom... but as I said I cannot say I know the guy's tone... thanks curly!

Comment

Surgeon,
        sorry, I wasn't up on L6 specs ...

Luther was playing a Classic, as well as Blade strats. I based my answer on the fact that I think of the LP Classic pickups as hot ceramic pickups - pics of Luther looked to me as though the pickups were stock.

I agree with you, though ... for a maple body, I'd use the A2 pickups like AP2, Seth, or CC for a hot choice

I'll defer to someone who really knows, though ...
        -----------------------------

I pulled out my Luther albums, and it shows him playing 3 different LPs, all with covers - a GoldTop, a Standard, and a Custom - as well as an ES-335 type, and his Blade strat. I remember seeing pics of him with a Classic as well, as I said.
        I remember his tone as being a hot blues tone, but it's been a while since I listened to those - maybe I'll put 'em on and get back to you.
        Last edited by Curly; 09-05-2004, 11:57 AM.
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Thanks again Curly!

Comment

Working...
          X