Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tele neck pickup height adjustment question

hello tele pickers

my tokai '52ri tele clone has a neck pup that is screwed directly into the wood .. how can i best adjust the pickup height?

i slipped a little of that 'tube' material that comes with pups around the screws to try to get some 'standoff' .. then i stuffed some of the foam from the little box the pup came in under the pup to try to support it that way .. seemed to help on the treble side, but the bass side still seems too low to me

what are the best practices in this area of guitar tweaking?

thanks for any help
    cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: tele neck pickup height adjustment question

Thought I'ld give you a little bump, before this goes to page two.

Comment

Re: tele neck pickup height adjustment question

thanks artie - i think i'm mostly comin up dry on this .. i PM'd lew to ask and he pretty much told me that all i can do is either get more tube or maybe try a spring

we'll see - i'll probably try telemodders.com or TDPRI for a more focused crowd

thanks anyway
      cheers
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
      X