Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new and I got a few questions

Hi there, I'm kinda new here and I already got some questions for yall

First off, love the forum, love the site and love SD!

Ok, just recently, I bought a 59' bridge model with a single conductor cable. I was replacing it for my TB-4 trembucker that I have for my strat. I just put in the 59 tonight and for some reason, it sounds really quiet and I cant hardly hear anything out of the amp. Could someone PLEASE tell me what I can do. I cant find any wiring diagrams for just 1 single conductor pickup. Keep in mind that my strat is only a 1 pickup guitar so naturally its the bridge position. PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Hi, I'm new and I got a few questions

Originally posted by EVH_Wannabe15
    Hi there, I'm kinda new here and I already got some questions for yall

First off, love the forum, love the site and love SD!

Ok, just recently, I bought a 59' bridge model with a single conductor cable. I was replacing it for my TB-4 trembucker that I have for my strat. I just put in the 59 tonight and for some reason, it sounds really quiet and I cant hardly hear anything out of the amp. Could someone PLEASE tell me what I can do. I cant find any wiring diagrams for just 1 single conductor pickup. Keep in mind that my strat is only a 1 pickup guitar so naturally its the bridge position. PLEASE HELP!!
    As far as I know all Duncan pickups come with a wiring diagram, did you buy it used?

Comment

Did you ground the braided part of the wire to the back of your volume pot? Sounds to me like that's what needs to happen.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Yep, check your connections. Make sure that they are all solid and shiny. sometimes it takes a couple of times to get a pickup installation right.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Make sure you have the hot wire soldered correctly to the volume pot, and that you have the outer braid soldered to the back of a pot.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X