Which pickup /Yngwie sound/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pickup /Yngwie sound/

Need advice. I have rg1620xgk Ibanez guitar its HH. Want to get Yngwie sound and/or Gilbert.
    My right hand picks right/so please no advice on technique/. Am thinking to buy Air norton and Tone Zone? If anyone got this combinations - send sound samples on my mail ([email protected]) [please.
    Is there any SD that would fit...?

Re: Which pickup /Yngwie sound/

Are you planning on tapping the coils for the Yngwie sound? If so, I think you could get away by using those pickups. I think (if you like neck single-coil sounds) the Humbucker From Hell neck and Tone Zone bridge will get you closer to Paul Gilbert tones because that's what he uses. With the Humbucker From Hell in the neck, you can do that Yngwie stuff too.

You should also e-mail DiMarzio, they're really helpful with this kind of thing.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

a '59 will nail yngwie sound perfectly with a cranked marshall imo. he uses vintage voiced stacked dimarzio single coils, the HS-3 (or does his sig fender have a hs3 in the bridge and his signarute dimarzios in middle and neck?) anyway, i still think the 59 will do you good.

if you want sound samples click on the possesed ruins link in my signature and check out the smooth blues thing and one more the slyD one i think. if you want a yngwie type clip, i can record something for you real quick if you want to

Comment

Yngwie uses 2 YJM DiMarzios in neck/mid and an HS-3 in the bridge.

Keep in mind, DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan sound completely different from each other. DiMarzio's are more radical in their voicing (possibly why so many shredders use them) and Seymours will get you those famous classic sounds you hear on the radio.
        Watch My Videos
        Photography

Comment

One more thing, even though the HS-2 and HS-3 pickups are stacked, they're not humbuckers in tone. I have an HS-2 and it is vintage single-coil in the sound department. Only difference is, it is hum-cancelling.
          Watch My Videos
          Photography

Comment

ok, this is just a short clip wanking off yngwie style (minus the mad chops) just the speed.

the axe is alder body, mahagony/rosewood neck.. it lacks the strat snarl and the bite of the maple neck, but the sound is there... which is a high gain vintage sound... so, pretty much any PAF voiced humbucker will get you there.

sensless wanking

Comment

i think Biu's right on this one.

the humbucker from hell will get you fairly close to that siongle coil tone and the tone zone will get you that paul gilbert tone.

Comment

MR D. you might just want to get those adapter rings and slap the real HS-3 in bridge and YJM in neck into your humbucker slots. I know it's not a strat you have with your Ibanez, but I think it would be closer than trying to use a split coil humbucker or full humbucker to cop Yngwie's tone.

If you are leaning towards Gilberts tone he did use a Super Distortion in parallel I believe but I wasn't a big fan of his so I don't know how many setups he used throughout the years.

Davey cool playing but thats not really close at all for Yngwie's tone.

Comment

imo
                  yngwie's tone just have strat-y characteristics. the only way to realy acheive it is buy getting a strat.
                  the YJM and HS-3 pickups are realy transperent sounding and just emphasise the strat sound (twangy loose bass, punchy middle and sweet highs).
                  i dont see how you could realy nail that sound with an Ibanez.

my 0.02 "Agorot"
                  Guitars:
                  -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
                  -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
                  -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
                  - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
                  - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
                  SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                    MR D. you might just want to get those adapter rings and slap the real HS-3 in bridge and YJM in neck into your humbucker slots. I know it's not a strat you have with your Ibanez, but I think it would be closer than trying to use a split coil humbucker or full humbucker to cop Yngwie's tone.

If you are leaning towards Gilberts tone he did use a Super Distortion in parallel I believe but I wasn't a big fan of his so I don't know how many setups he used throughout the years.

Davey cool playing but thats not really close at all for Yngwie's tone.
                    In old Racer X, Paul Gilbert had two Super Distortions in parallel. For more recent stuff like Mr. Big, solo albums, and current Racer X, he uses:
                    PAF Pro's (bridge and neck)
                    Tone Zone (Bridge)
                    Humbucker From Hell (Neck)
                    Fast Track 2's (For oddball guitars with single-coils)
                    and I believe he uses a JEM single-coil for middle position.

After using these new pickups, he stopped using the Super Distortions in parallel because he could achieve a cleaner, more spanky tone from the notch positions (full on humbucker with middle single-coil).

Hope that helps!
                    Watch My Videos
                    Photography

Comment

Originally posted by DiminisheD-7th
                      imo
                      yngwie's tone just have strat-y characteristics. the only way to realy acheive it is buy getting a strat.
                      the YJM and HS-3 pickups are realy transperent sounding and just emphasise the strat sound (twangy loose bass, punchy middle and sweet highs).
                      i dont see how you could realy nail that sound with an Ibanez.

my 0.02 "Agorot"
                      Right on. I got pretty close with the Blue Velvets in my SA160QM, but it has a mahogany body, so the sound is more rich/saturated sounding. But yeah, Yngwie=Vintage single-coils
                      Watch My Videos
                      Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X