best acoustic pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best acoustic pickup

I have a cheap fender electric/acoustic. It sounds alright when playing it as an acoustic but if you try to put it through an amp/pa or record with it then it sounds extremely bad. Whats the best pickup for acoustics. I am talkin something like a replacement for the one i have and not crazy expensive. when i play it i mostly play it as an acoustic it's just every now and then i want to do something with it and i need a little more sound.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: best acoustic pickup

so youre looking for the best acoustic pup under $100 or ???
    the magmic is great!!! but not cheap.
    the sunrise pup is nice too, but again not cheap, probably around $150 or so.

Comment

that's not to pricey thanks jeremy
      boreddddddddddd

Comment

A good quality microphone. Amplifying an acoustic guitar well is extremley difficult to do. They are designed to be played acoustic. There are few people who can get an acoustic guitar to simply sound louder without effecting the sound. I own 9 Acoustic guitars, when I need to record I use a good mike, sometime 3 placed in a varity of positions depending on what type of sound I am going for. I have played guitars with all different types of pups in them, and none sound as good as the guitar in its purist form.... Acoustic. That being said it is unrealistic to use microphones in all Live situations. I have been experimenting with the new Fishmen system, and out of all I have heard this is the one that IMO does not effect the guitars natural sound that much. It is a trade off. To make it convienient, and easy you are sacrificing a little in tone! The best sounding Acoustic/electric still sounds more electric than acoustic.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

i'll keep that in mind bludave
          boreddddddddddd

Comment

i like the Acoustic Tube. It's a stacked magnetic pickup with good resistance to feedback, a built in volume control, and a good, balanced sound.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X