Backwards Telecaster Neck Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards Telecaster Neck Pickup?

I just noticed that in the SD Telecaster wiring diagrams, it shows the neck pickup installed so that the side of the pickup where the wires come out is installed so that it's pointed toward the neck. When I installed my Quarter Pound, I installed it so that the side with the wires coming out was pointed back toward the bridge like the original Fender pickup. Did I install it backwards?

What kind of sound problems would that cause?

Thanks in advance!
    Phillip
    Axis Guitar Effects
    Fuzz Central DIY Guitar Effects

Re: Backwards Telecaster Neck Pickup?

Hi axiseffects, welcome to the forum. You installed correctly. Really, it wouldn't make a difference in the sound as long as your wiring is correct. Your Tele's route will dictate which direction your neck pickup should be mounted. I told Rodney Gene, when he created those diagrams that some of the pickups were backwards and he never said anything about it. Bottom line? the side of the pickup(s) where the wiring terminals are most always goes facing the bridge.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Re: Backwards Telecaster Neck Pickup?

Thanks for your help! I was worried that it might be backwards in there, but I didn't know what effects, if any, it would have.

Reminds me of the whole left-handed guitar string right handed thing where the pickups would be upside down.

Thanks again!
      Phillip
      Axis Guitar Effects
      Fuzz Central DIY Guitar Effects

Comment

Working...
      X