Match for a Pearly Gates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match for a Pearly Gates...

Guitar in question is a Yamaha SG 2000, I'm gonna remove the Brass Sustain Block and replace it with a mahogany block I made, then I'm puttin' a Pearly Gates in the Bridge...for the neck should I go with a '59 or a Seth Lover? I'm trying to get a good 70's LP type crunch...but with a little more... I'm set on the PG for the bridge...in case you don't know the SG 2000 is a mahogany/maple axe with neck through body, ebony board, and 2 buckers. It will be going through a Twin, A Rat, and a Brown Source most of the time.

Thanks

The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Match for a Pearly Gates...

I would say either a seth or pearly gates, I have the PGn and it is awesome and I did have a PGb but I found it to be too bright on the top end for rhythm work in my LP so I sold it and got a gibson BB #3 I havent put it in yet though, I'll do it right now...haha
    I don't know how good a 59 would be with a PGb because I've heard the 59 can be over bassy which is the opposite of the PGb, I think the 59n might over power it.

Comment

Working...
    X