Please ID my PUPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please ID my PUPS...

I am the proud owner of a 1983 Gibson Moderne, the axe is 100% stock...the pickups have a PAF sticker on the bottom, and no other markings except for Gibson stamped into the bottom plate. What pups are these...I know that these pickups were only in the Re-issues of that time...but what is the model name or number, if anyone here knows.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Please ID my PUPS...

No clue, but they'r eGibsons first attempt to recreate that "PAF" tone. They already owned the rights to "PAF" so they just printed up some more stickers and put them on there. That's all I know about them.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Do they have a Patent No. 2,73... stamped on the back with no Gibson logo? Or just the sticker? I'm still trying to determine the age of mine here. Consider this a bump for an answer.

Comment

I have no certain ideas, but the current 57 Classics, and I think the Classic +'s also come with a Gibson logo and the PAF sticker. If anything, BUMP!
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X