banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might know

hey guys, I just picked up a California USA made Ibanez S-series, Custom made. What a nice guitar, I only paid $200 for it too. What a steal right? Anyway, I read the pickups in these guitars were made by Dimarzio, and damn do they sound good, but I'd like to know what they are, there are two single coils and one humbucker, singles are IBZUSA C2 and the hum is IBZUSA F2. Help me out with this if you can.

Re: What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might know

Zerb hates Ibanez and Dimarzio with a passion and definitely doesn´t know, sorry
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Re: What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might know

Originally posted by Xeromus
      hey guys, I just picked up a California USA made Ibanez S-series, Custom made. What a nice guitar, I only paid $200 for it too. What a steal right? Anyway, I read the pickups in these guitars were made by Dimarzio, and damn do they sound good, but I'd like to know what they are, there are two single coils and one humbucker, singles are IBZUSA C2 and the hum is IBZUSA F2. Help me out with this if you can.
      I believe that they are made by DiMarizo according to there website. Similiar to the Duncan Design.

Comment

LMAO@Zerb!!

Ibanez made in California USA?? Afaik, the only Ibanez's made in the USA are either a) from the LA Custom Shop, which is only available to endorsees, b) the "USA Custom Graphics" (Bodies shipped in from Japan, routed and finished in the USA) And there were quite a few axes made by Ibanez which had "Custom" inlayed onto it, even though they were standard production axes. As long as the serial number starts with an F, its definitely Japanese.

The IBZUSA pickups are made by and designed by Dimarzio. Whether or not they are up to par with Dimarzios (bah, even REAL Dimarzio's arent that good ), is another question.

I remember there used to be a chart on the Dimarzio website stating which humbuckers their OEM models sounded closest to, but it seems to have dissapeared. Your best bet is to drop them an e-mail
        Last edited by Jono_L; 03-30-2004, 07:13 AM.
        Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
        Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
        Carl Martin Rock Drive
        ISP Decimator
        BOSS DD-3
        Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Re: What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might k

the F 2 is a tone zone with less bass and output
          the c 2's are the same as a HS-2

they are made in NYC by dimarzio and are co designed by IBANEZ USA,
          here is the dimarzio cross reference,

Selected OEM pickup models

Model

Made for

Retail Equivalent
          C2 Ibanez Similar to HS-2 (DP116)
          C3 Ibanez No equivalent. Closest model is Blue Velvet Bridge (DP171)
          F1 Ibanez No equivalent. Closest model is The Breed Bridge (DP166)
          F2 Ibanez No equivalent. Closest model is The Tone Zone (DP155)
          F3 Ibanez No equivalent. Closest model is Super 3 (DP152)
          F4 Ibanez No equivalent. Closest model is PAF (DP103)
          H1 Fender Same as Super 3 (DP152)
          H2 Fender Same as Super 3 (DP152)
          H3 Fender No equivalent. Closest model is Evolution Neck (DP158)
          H4 Fender No equivalent. Closest model is The Breed Neck (DP165)
          H5 Fender No equivalent. Closest model is The Breed Neck (DP165)
          H6 Fender No equivalent. Closest model is PAF (DP103)
          H7 Fender No equivalent. Closest model is F1 model for Ibanez
          H8 Fender Similar to PAF Pro (DP151)

Comment

cool, thanks a lot. I haven't been here a while, thought you were an Ibanez guy Zerb, my memory doesn't work anymore. It's a nice guitar, the wood, finish, components, hardware, etc are all top notch. I'll research it a bit more though to see when and where it was made. Either way, for $200 it's a steal.

Comment

Re: What kind of pickups in my California Ibanez? They are Dimarzio, Zerberus might k

that was a real good buy!! $200? that is a steal for a S series usa custom.
              anyway the pickups are genuine dimarzio's made for ibanez USA.
              bridge pup is a cleaner,less muddy tone zone
              the other two are stacked singles like the hs-2's no need to replace if you like them

Comment

lol zerb, word on ibanez hehe... btw, you remind me of one of my friends from michigan

Comment

I did a little research and it seems to be one of their japanese top of the line made only in '90 and '91, sent back to the states for electronics, Dimarzio pups and setup. Went for around a grand or so. Lets see if this picture works.

Comment

Working...
                  X