Nickel covers for single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickel covers for single coils?

I am building a guitar that has a single coil in the neck position. I have seen some sc pickups in the latest Fender catalog(Custom Shop Section) that appear to have a solid nickel or chrome cover. SD offers a tele replacement that has the same look. Does SD offer a strat replacement with a similar look through their custom shop. If not does anyone know where I might find such a pick up or cover?

Re: Nickel covers for single coils?

There aren't any covered strat pickups from the SD production models-perhaps the Duncan Custom Shop could do it for you...The Tele's are not as long as the Strats, so a direct replacement isn't possible. Are you going for "looks" or "tone?"
    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps, but Allparts makes a standard plastic Strat cover with a chrome type finish. I have used them and the don't look bad at all.

Comment

I will choose TONE over LOOKS but I am hoping to have the best of both worlds. In the Fender Frontline catalog(2003) they have three guitars sporting "chrome" covered single coils. One is a Randy Johnson custom, then a Ford Mustang custom and a Trucker Special. If SD does not offer an option what other company might?

Comment

Working...
        X