Sonic Differences: Seths vs ALNICO Pro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Differences: Seths vs ALNICO Pro II

The clips on the site don't really give me enough to go on. Can anyone explain to me how these two differ in sound? Both have ALNICO II magnets right? I will be putting these in a R8 Les Paul.

Thanks!

Re: Sonic Differences: Seths vs ALNICO Pro II

Well Seths are based more on the classic PAF tone. Think real classic rock. APH-1 are supposed to be a variation on the PAF tone, but I think they're a bit of a different beast. They're a bit smoother and bassier that typical PAFs. I hear more high end in the Seths.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I have one LP with the ALNICO II Pros and I totally dig them. My desire to tinker was making me want to try out the Seths. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

The Seths to me sound more open than the APH, though either one would make a fantastic neck pickup and the Seth is a great bridge pickup if high outut isn't a concern. Both handle cleans and light distortion sounds very well, though the APH is my choice for high gain applications because of it's smoother high end voicing.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X