Yahoo! Alnico II!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo! Alnico II!

I didn't realize my Gibson '57 Classic neck pickup had an Alnico II magnet until today. I fired it up and HOLY CRAP! Sounded like the absolute perfect humbucker tone for me. It had that singing sweetness of a single-coil, but a lot darker and more rounded. So touch-responsive (again, like single-coils, but to a lesser extent, but that's not a bad thing in this case ). I would imagine Duncans would be way better, though I'm pretty happy with the sound now.

There's definitely a set of APII Humbuckers out there with my name on it. Just gotta find some used ones of Ebay or something.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Re: Yahoo! Alnico II!

I likey the aph-1 myself.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I love pickups with alnico II mags in them. I just realized that a couple of nights ago. All but 2 of my guitars have pickups with alnico II mags in them.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

i tend to like alnico II pup as well. the classic 57's are nice buckers, but try a seth lover or an anttiquity and youll really see how nice alnico IIs can be

Comment

the alnico II pro in my i1 is sweet and rich as butter...i really like them for a neck bucker...ALOT!!!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Aaaaaaah..... Seths again!
            Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

SETHS!!! I want one ahhh
              2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

So what's it gonna be, fellas?

Seth Lovers
                Alnico Pro II's
                Antiquities

Fill me in with the DETAILS!
                Watch My Videos
                Photography

Comment

The Alnico Pro's are currently my favorite set of buckers....period. I've also played the Seth neck, in the same guitar that now sports APH's, and I prefer the Seths. Smooth, slinky, articulate and just like a good woman...they like to be worked hard. The harder you push them and make them sweat, the sweeter they scream. The APH's are what makes my girl to the left shake that money maker. God, am I still talking about pickups?

Seriously, if you're not looking for the "Ultimate PAF Tone", which the Seths and Ant's are, the APH's are for you.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

I'm not, by any means, looking for the "ultimate PAF tone" or anything. I think I favor vintage sounding pickups for their clarity, and high levels of richness. I just want SD pickups with the MOST of that singing Alnico II sound.

By the way, thanks, Jeff!
                    Watch My Videos
                    Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X