banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lil'59 strat pickup in the neck of a tele - has anyone here tried this? Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lil'59 strat pickup in the neck of a tele - has anyone here tried this? Will it fit?

I've been searching other posts for info on putting strat pickups in the neck of a tele. I am unclear on whether they will fit without routing.

I am thinking about putting a lil'59 (strat) in the neck position of my tele. I was going to put a full size humbucker in but I've decided I don't have the heart to cut into my guitar. I've got a lil'59 for tele in the bridge position right now.

Anyone here tried this set-up? How does it sound?

Also, is there much difference in output between the tele sized lil'59 and the strat sized one? The tone chart on the website shows the strat pickup being hotter, but if you go to the printable version of the chart, it shows the tele version as being the hotter of the two.

Re: lil'59 strat pickup in the neck of a tele - has anyone here tried this? Will it fit?

To put a strat pickup in the neck of a tele, you will need to elongate the hole in the pickguard and maybe the one in the body (just a bit, nothing major). If the body cavity will accomodate a strat sized single, buy a pickguard and install the Lil 59n in there.

It should sound great.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
    X