Gibson Gothic, Iommi and Dimebucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Gothic, Iommi and Dimebucker

I have a Gibson Les Paul Gothic, I have a Tony Iommi Signature pickup on the bridge and a stock gibson humbucker on the neck. I'm looking for a little more punch and high-end in the neck pickup to counteract the psycho metal of the bridge (I love it by the way, just trying to create a screamer and a chainsaw). I'm torn between using the Dimebucker and the Full Shred on the neck. Anyone have a suggestion? I like to play Black Sabbath, but also use a pandora in jazzy mode for Robin Trower...

Re: Gibson Gothic, Iommi and Dimebucker

I'm not sure about that... This post is mostly to give you a bump....

I'll say a Full Shred but don't take it too seriously, wait for other replys too...

BTW: Welcome to the forum buddy!

Comment

The Dimebucker isn't made as a neck pickup, you could still put it in there, but it might just be too much output and might get muddy. I put a JB in the neck of my SG once, and really liked it, but the JB is really really bright and articulate. I haven't tried high-output neck pickups, so I'll leave the reccomending up to someone who has.

Comment

I've got an Iommi in an Aluminum neck Kramer...infact I've got 2! The iommi NECK pup is killer! I bought them because they were on sale at a GC sale($19.99 each!!! NEW). I love them, Iommi's are the ONLY good pick up Gibson has right now. I'd get an Iommi Neck pup.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, the only thing that worries me is I have read some reviews from people who also put the Iommi pup in the neck and said it was too much, they lost their high-ends completely... Seems I read this around three times on a board where they were posting heavily on this pup.... I was thinking the shred (ditched the dimebucker as the consensus is this is not a neck pup) to capture the high-end, do you think the Iommi in the neck would do the same?

Comment

does anyone know the output of the Iommi pickup? ive got one in the bridge of my les paul custom and i love it so much, it is kind of hot but has excellent clarity.
            PRS Singlecuts
            Epiphone Sheraton II
            Vintage acoustics

Comment

What do you have as the neck pup?

Comment

The neck PUP is a standard two row gibson humbucker... I'm not sure of the exact model but looks like the pup that goes in the epiphone gothic. I was thinking it would help with high-end clarity and tone, but really has not effect as the Iommi just stomps on it's ability to do much. I was thinking something with a little hotter high-end (Shred, etc.) might be the ticket

Comment

Working...
                X