banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barden in the neck...ideas for the bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barden in the neck...ideas for the bridge?

Hi, I just finished building a '52 Telecaster and put a Joe Barden in the neck and a STL-3 Quarter Pounder in the bridge. Love the sound but the 60 cycle hum from the STL-3 is driving me nuts. Would anyone recommend the Lil '59 or the Hot Rails?

Re: Barden in the neck...ideas for the bridge?

Originally posted by Tarbender
    Hi, I just finished building a '52 Telecaster and put a Joe Barden in the neck and a STL-3 Quarter Pounder in the bridge. Love the sound but the 60 cycle hum from the STL-3 is driving me nuts. Would anyone recommend the Lil '59 or the Hot Rails?
    I don't know if the Barden neck pickup is hot or not. Is it the Danny Gatton model? If so either the Lil 59 or the Hot Rails would work well. If the Barden is a lower output neck pickup you might find it easier to go with the lil59 mainly for the sake of keeping the volume difference between neck/bridge pickups to a minimum.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I believe that it's a high output so I'm leaning towards the Lil 59. By the way...great classic Deep Purple - Sweet Child in Time - one of my favs - brings me back to high school - and super sound on your site.

Comment

Well my personal taste likes a higher output pickup in the bridge and if the neck was hot I would go with the Hot Rails, but it is definately an aquired taste as some say it doesn't clean up enough, but for me I prefer it to sparkling cleans as my neck pickup is for cleans anyways. Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

Working...
        X