Pot/Knob Setup. Is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pot/Knob Setup. Is this possible?

Yeah I didn't know there was a such thing as a push/push pot, but now that I do I think that's what I want. I PMed Lew and he says he thinks he has all the parts in stock, he'll get me the prices when he goes back to work tomorrow. All I need is the diagram and I'll be all set (I hope).

This is what I'm doing:
    I'm planning on having one push-pull tone knob/coil tapping, one push-push volume knob/killswitch, and a 3-way blade switch for bridge-middle-neck positions. I'm going to be putting a Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck, not replacing the middle pickup because I don't use it.

PS: Kent, pick me up at 8?
    I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
    -Britney Spears

Comment

Originally posted by ankalar
      This is what I'm doing:
      I'm planning on having one push-pull tone knob/coil tapping, one push-push volume knob/killswitch, and a 3-way blade switch for bridge-middle-neck positions. I'm going to be putting a Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck, not replacing the middle pickup because I don't use it.
      I'll post a diagram when I get home.

Originally posted by ankalar
      PS: Kent, pick me up at 8?
      Great . . . I do the hard part . . . Kent gets the date.

j/k

Comment

I'm straight; to old for one and to young for the other; and the since they lifted that ban recently I can once again buy larger capacity magazines ...
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          BTW - We all love Kent.
          That's what they used to tell me at one of my old jobs, which apparently made sense because I was always getting screwed!

Comment

To show how little I know, I didn't even know I needed capacitors. What are these for in a guitar, and what type do I need?

Kent, either way you swing, everybody has a little gay part to them. Mine happens to be my left hand.
            I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
            -Britney Spears

Comment

Caps are used in the tone circuit of the instrument, in a typical tone circuit they shunt high frequencies to ground in varying proportions set by the tone control (there's a little more to that, but basically that what it does).
              Start with a cap value of .022uF (the small u means micro, as in one-millionth, ... x10^-6) get a cap rated at at least 100Volts and 10% tolerance, any shop will have those.

Secondly, maybe if you move to 'Frisco you'll be happier, that's your call,
              but insulting people who are trying to help you generally doesn't speak well of one's person.

Comment

Working...
              X