banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

I think someone told me before that pretty much the only difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck is that the 59' has more bass than the Jazz. Is that true? And also are there any other differences between them?
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 09-12-2004, 04:49 PM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

The Jazz is brighter, has a little less bass and a little less output. Less "ooomph".

They are very similar though. If a '59 is a bit too bassy or powerful, the Jazz can be the perfect solution.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
    buggjuice.net
    MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I would tend to agree with the above assesment. I think that the 59 is a little smoother than the Jazz, but I would still describe both as "glassy." They are both excellent clean pickups and retain a great deal of articulation when under heavy gain. I would say a Jazz might go better in a bassier guitar like an all mahogany set neck type and the 59 would go well with a lihter bodied bolt on. This is just personal opinion, so no flames please.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I would say they are a little bit similar, The 59N is much fuller sounding in my guitar compared to when I had the Jazz in it.

Comment

Working...
        X