banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.LaGrassa
    replied
    Re: Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

I would say they are a little bit similar, The 59N is much fuller sounding in my guitar compared to when I had the Jazz in it.

Leave a comment:

• Travis
    replied

I would tend to agree with the above assesment. I think that the 59 is a little smoother than the Jazz, but I would still describe both as "glassy." They are both excellent clean pickups and retain a great deal of articulation when under heavy gain. I would say a Jazz might go better in a bassier guitar like an all mahogany set neck type and the 59 would go well with a lihter bodied bolt on. This is just personal opinion, so no flames please.

Leave a comment:

• Mac-P
    replied

The Jazz is brighter, has a little less bass and a little less output. Less "ooomph".

They are very similar though. If a '59 is a bit too bassy or powerful, the Jazz can be the perfect solution.

Leave a comment:

• Difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck?

I think someone told me before that pretty much the only difference between a Jazz Neck and a 59' Neck is that the 59' has more bass than the Jazz. Is that true? And also are there any other differences between them?
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 09-12-2004, 04:49 PM.
Working...
X