banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimarzio Evolution 7 - Squealing, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Evolution 7 - Squealing, but...

hey guys,
    A friend of mine has a 7-String Ibanez JEM guitar. I believe its one of the Vai signature series guitars. he says the bridge pickups squeals on the highgain settings when its turned up a little loud but he said the pickup is waxed and the guy at the shop he took the guitar too said nothing is wrong with it.

What do you guys think is wrong??

Duke
    www.dukeofmetal.tk

Re: Dimarzio Evolution 7 - Squealing, but...

The stock pickups in my Ibanez RG 7620 are DiMarzio New 7 and suffer the same probleme. I mailed DiMarzio about that and they answered that 7 string pickups are construction wise more prone to feedback than the sixstring versions. Donīt know if thatīs a rule, because the EMG 707s in my other guitar are dead quiet.

Comment

I've got two 7-string axes and neither of them squeal. One is a Schecter Avenger with the stock Duncan Designed humbuckers still in, the other is a Squire Stagemaster fitted with EMG 707s. Before I put the 707s in the stagemaster, it didn't squeal either with the stock pickups.

Maybe he's standing too close to the amp, since you say it's when he cranks the gain and volume up?

It could be a lot of things - I remember a friend of mine had his bass squealing at him a bit, it turned out to be the lead he was using.

Is it common for Dimarzio 7-string humbuckers to squeal? I was thinking of putting Air Norton neck/tone zone bridge set into the Schecter, but I tend to use a lot of gain and I don't want squealing either

Comment

uhhh...

turn the gain down

Comment

Could the pickup or springs be vibrating in the pickguard?

Just a thought.

Comment

If his 7 stringer is a Vai model and he hasn't swapped the pickups at all, there are most likely Blaze pickups in that thing. My Universe doesn't squeal at all; it just sounds like crap. If he wants to change the pickups, send him my best wishes. I don't think anyone in the world likes those Blaze pickups. Because they're crap.

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

Ok guys.. i asked my friend and he said the one that has a problem with the pickup is an older JEM Universe that used to come with the Evolution pickup.

I told him to get the pickup re-potted and see if that helps at all.

Duke
              www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Working...
              X