Strat: trembucker or normal HB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat: trembucker or normal HB?

Hi... I'm changing pickups in my Am Std Strat and I'd like to know which version of a Custom Custom is best suited for its bridge position, a normal one or a trembuker. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Strat: trembucker or normal HB?

Trembucker is the way to go for proper string alignment.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Be advised that the HB's fender uses in lone stars ain't trembuckers, but the good old gibson spaced regular buckers.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Dr. Barlo is correct. If you install a Trembucker, the outside polls will be outside of the two E strings. If you install a regular (SH series) humbucker, the polls will be inside the two E strings. This applys to the 2 point tremolo only. The American Vintage and Mexi classic 6 point trems are wider and work better with a Trembucker.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
        Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
        Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
        Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

I've had both in the bridge of a strat, and the difference in sound is negligable.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
          X