DeARmond Dynasonics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeARmond Dynasonics?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with pickups used in Gretsch guitars like the dynasonics, filtertrons, Hi-lo trons or even any Gretsch like pickups like the DMZ EJ custom. I planned on putting them in a solidbody guitar with a mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck and ebony board with a 24.5" scale length. I do a lot of fingerpicking stuff, any suggestions are welcome.

Re: DeARmond Dynasonics?

well the deArmond pickups are the 2k's and the 2000's both have a different sound. I had a set of 2k's o a starfire (nearly all maple guitar) nice bright pickups but the wood had omething to do with that. you might want to find a set of 2k pickups since i think the rest of the pickups on your list sound a little smoother. The 2k's seem like they would have a little more bite to them and they seem like they will make the notes stand out a it more than the others.

look at tv jones pickups as i hear he makes some very good reissue like pickups for gretsch guitars.

Fender uses the 2000's in the telesonic i think.

hope i shed some light on the subject for you
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Thanks for the info mrfjones. I was looking at the Dearmond 2000's and was interested by them, but are they directly mounted on a guitar? Can they fit into humbucker cavities? I also watched a Chet Atkins DVD in which several different gretches were used. He seemed to get a smoother, more mellow tone out of the dynasonics than the filtertrons which i found interesting but it may also be the guitar.

Comment

the dynasonic like pickups both gretsch and dearmond do not fit in a humbucker routingthe ones i had mounted to the top of the body and had no adjustment. The 2000's i think have an adjustment but I do not know what kind of routing they require. If you are looking for a pickup to fit into a humbucker route i think i would go with the filtertrons from either tv jones or the duncan custom shop and they both could make a set to your specs so they can be as smooth as you want, though i think the stock versions from either would be pretty smooth.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
        X