No announcement yet.

classic stack (neck) VS hotrails (neck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic stack (neck) VS hotrails (neck)

i need a single coil sized pickup in the neck of one of my SUPERSTRATS it is angled i'm using a C5 or JB in the bridge i think i have down to the HOTRAILS(neck) or CLASSIC STACK(neck) for shred type stuff anybody bigger and fatter are the way to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: classic stack (neck) VS hotrails (neck)

My classic stack got over powered by the dime I had in the bridge. Go with a cool rails in the neck. Nice fat sound with great cleans. For a single sized bucker, can't beat it in the neck IMHO.

Comment

ya i got one in another guitar i dig it ! thanks
      Suhr OD-50
      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

I have a classic stack in my Soloist. Like Fitz said, it's a little overpowered by my JB. It does not seem to give me that nice bubbly water of rocks "Dave Murray" sound which you're probably looking for. It has a nice clean sound, though. I'm going to try a Hot Rails money permitting.

-Matt
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

As a matter of fact. If you try a Hot Rails and don't care for it, let me know.
          On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Hot stack?

Comment

the "bubbly water of rocks like dave murray " is what i'm going for !!!!!!!!!!! thanks JAMMERMATT
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

The JB Jr. neck model is very tasty for a humbucking sound from a strat's neck position. Smooth, and it's loud enough to blend with the regular JB at the bridge.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

what amp settings? and how high do you have the pup off the plate?

i have a HR in my strat at the neck, and i can only really get the 'woman tone' type weepy sound... is it more poweramp gain?

Comment

I typo'd. I didn't mean to say "bubbly water of rocks," but instead meant to say, "bubbly water over rocks"... but the first description has some strange ring to it, don't you think? Anyway, I'm from the northwest where we've got lots of streams, and that gurgling water sound just reminds me of that neck tone. Fast and furious, very smooth and seamless. The water here is COLD, though, which Dave's sound is not!

Comment

Hey! Wolcott CT?

I'm from Waterbury! Actually, right near Wolcott!
                      7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Working...
                      X